We have an ambitious agenda and our people have a shared passion to create change for our members and the UK’s financial services.
The Financial Services Skills Commission is dynamic and high profile. Each team member plays a valuable role and is encouraged to reach their full potential, supported by their colleagues. Our people are highly motivated, committed and talented individuals. As a new organisation this is an exciting time for our team, being able to shape our work and think creatively about how to achieve change. We offer a competitive total reward package that provides the opportunity for personal and professional growth.
We believe that a diverse workforce leads to an organisation that is more innovative, more creative and gets better results. When we are recruiting we welcome applications from a diverse pool of candidates and are happy to consider any reasonable adjustments that potential employees may need in order to be successful.
Stakeholder Engagement Manager (FTC – 31 March 2026)
Salary: £54,410 plus benefits
Closing date: 10 February 2023 at 8 am
The objective of role:
To assist the Programme Director, Director of Communications and Chief Executive in delivering the objectives and ambitions of the Financial Services Skills Commission. Provide high-quality leadership for strategic engagement and building a network of relationships to improve skills in UK Financial Services.
About this opportunity
The Stakeholder Engagement Manager role is a high profile, influential and exciting opportunity in the Financial Services Skills Commission, which is working at the heart of the UK Financial Services sector to improve skills in the industry. As a Stakeholder Engagement Manager for the organisation you will be responsible for our external engagement work including public affairs.
You will build strategic relationships to further the Commissions message, embedding our content and increasing our impact within and outside our sector. You will also play a key role in positioning us as a leading thinker on skills for Financial Services to support the sectors priorities. The role involves regular engagement with our members and non-members, business leaders, industry bodies such as trade bodies and regulators, education and training organisations, government officials and other stakeholders.
You will have experience of working successfully with a range of stakeholders, building strong working relationships to further our aims. You will have a collaborative working style, a pro-active approach and enjoy working in a motivated, supportive and high-performing team. You will be confident in identifying and forming new relationships with key organisations to develop effective partnerships.
Key Activities & Responsibilities
· Working closely with the Programme Director, Communications Director and Chief Executive, proactively engage with stakeholders across industry, government, education and training sector and other parties to establish strong working relationships.
· Support the Communications Director to develop a stakeholder engagement strategy that aligns with the overall aims of the Commission and our programme of work.
· Develop and successfully deliver stakeholder engagement plans in accordance with the Commissions overarching stakeholder engagement strategy.
· Manage stakeholder mapping, prepare communications, and respond to stakeholder enquiries.
· Provide updates on parliamentary and public affairs activity to colleagues, highlighting opportunities for FSS to influence.
· Working with the Communications Director, distribute reports and key messages to stakeholders, including through mailings and briefings.
Key Relationships & Interfaces
About the Financial Services Skills Commission
Established in 2000, the Commission exists to increase the supply of talent and skills in the UKs Financial Services Sector. The Sector is facing unprecedented skills challenges and our work focuses on practical tools and actions to help firms build, attract and retain the skills they need. Our members represent all aspects of the Financial Services Sector and membership continues to grow. We have a small, dedicated team committed to driving the change that the sector needs.
To apply for the Stakeholder Engagement Manager role, please submit a CV and cover letter that details how you meet the person specification to email@example.com
Alternatively, you can also apply via LinkedIn
The closing date for applications is 10 February 2023 at 8am.